The auction option has fast become one of the most preferred marketing strategies for Harcourts clients - with good reason. A positive statistical sales rate together with property being on the market for such a short time (on average less than 30 days) have many regarding auctions as the most successful 'non-price' method of selling.
AUCTION = ACTION
The auction is designed to attract genuinely interested, cash-in-hand buyers. These buyers are focused only on establishing the maximum price they are prepared to pay - not how low their offer should be. As motivation on the big day is often bolstered by emotional commitments towards purchasing this also strengthens the natural form of competition between buyers. The afore-mentioned 'maximum price' is also often open to interpretation in the mind of the buyer. The buyer's fear that they have undervalued the property, and may lose out, often means that they will stray past their limit. Bidding for a house is action-packed - and that's all in your favour.
The auction is also the least disruptive and intrusive method. Your home only needs to be opened at times that suit best and you remain in total control of the whole process. With assistance from your Harcourts consultant you'll set the terms, conditions and auction deadline.
The undisclosed minimum reserve price is set - one you're completely comfortable with.
With your valued input, a professional marketing plan will be put in place to ensure your property gains the maximum profile within the first few weeks of market exposure. With all this in place the excitement of the big day sometimes never eventuates. That's because you always have the option to accept offers prior to auction.
The equation is simple. The auction works.
Easy To See Advantages
- A confidential reserve price. This remains undisclosed so your property cannot be sold for less than you are prepared to accept.
- An intensive, high profile auction marketing programme. This is designed to take full advantage of the high level of interest a property attracts during the initial period when it is first introduced onto the market.
- Finding the true 'cash' buyer. Auction effectively filters out those who cannot realistically make a cash purchase decision.
While a price-marketed property offers buyers the opportunity to negotiate the purchase price, at auction they will be competing directly against other buyers. The purchase price is often a secondary issue compared with individual wants and needs, egos and emotions... and the competitive will to win.
Our commitment is to keep you totally informed throughout all stages of the auction marketing programme. Together we will work towards achieving the best possible result.
Before the Campaign
You'll receive a copy of your advertising schedule. An information sheet containing all the relevant facts and figures will be made available to interested buyers. Your Harcourts auction team will also suggest ways in which your property can be presented to the market. It will also be featured in full colour on our website and, depending on timing, in the Bluebook.
During The Campaign
We conduct extensive database mailing and present and discuss with you a written weekly report on all marketing progress and sales strategy. All offers made on your property are presented for your consideration. Prior to the auction itself you Harcourts auction team will meet to help with the reserve price and discuss the auction procedure.
- Harcourts auctions achieve the highest price
- Harcourts auctions achieve the highest success
- Auction properties are on the market the shortest time - less than 30 days on average
- You set the conditions and are in complete control
- An auction date adds urgency and offers the buyer a reason to act
Cash sale - no subject-to-finance uncertainty
- Deposit payable on the day of sale
- Buyer competing against buyer... not buyer negotiating against seller